1. Can I access or have some of the ERC data without having to actually apply and pay for a project?
2. Can we start our paid time for our project later, when we actually start accessing the data, instead of the date the project was approved by the Advisory Board?
3. We need more time for our project beyond our originally-approved two-year term. Where do I find information on how to apply for an extension?
4. When are the next meeting and application deadline dates for the Advisory Board?
5. We don’t need the full year for our project – can we pay less than the full yearly amount?
6. When is the end-date of our project?
7. We want to add additional researchers to our project beyond the two that the regular access fee covers – is this allowed and how do we do that?
8. What is the process for deactivating a project that we are unable to complete?
9. Do you accept credit cards for payment?
10. I’m visiting the ERC for the first time – where are you and how do I find the centers/rooms? What do I need to know before my visit?
11. I am going to need to work at the ERC in the evenings and on weekends – how do I make sure I have access when the building doors may be locked?
12. How can I get a letter of support from the Texas ERC Director for the project I’m proposing?
13. How long do I have after my project ends to submit my Policy Brief? Do you have any suggestions for what I should include in the Brief?
14. How do I know when my data is ready/set-up and available to use?
15. When is new ERC data released each semester/year? Is this new data automatically added to our project folders?
16. How many observations are there in the ERC data? (For a given cohort how many students each year?)
17. Is the ERC data identifiable, and if so, by what?
18. Does the TWC (TX Workforce Commission) dataset contain any personal ID to identify the person’s occupation?
19. Our institution’s IRB board is asking if the data have been through a FERPA review?
20. Is it possible to receive a “dummy” data set to work with remotely before I visit the ERC? For example, a small, random sample of each data set, or simply tabulation tables for each variable in the data?
21. Are school and district characteristics from the Common Core of Data or AEIS/TAPR available in the ERC?
22. For the TEA database, there is a six-week grading period. When is the first day and the last day? How do the researchers define the six-week grading period?
23. How are the TEA files labeled by years? Does the year in the file name correspond to the fall or the spring in the academic year?
24. Where can I find a full description of the TEA variables?
25. What is the Foundation High School Program?
26. Does the ERC have any geocodes for where students live or the school they attend (e.g., Census tract)?